The International Centre for Journalists (ICFJ) Community/Data Manager will help drive the organisation’s strategy to identify, engage, and catalyse an unparalleled global network of journalists. The manager will work to strengthen participants’ connection with ICFJ and with one another.
ICFJ’s goal is to offer ongoing support to the journalists in their network by building a sense of community, facilitating collaborations, and providing access to expertise and resources. ICFJ aims is to demonstrate its global reach and experience, and scale the impact of its work to benefit an even broader range of journalists and news media.
The ideal network manager candidate has experience in building international associations or memberships, engaging communities on social media, and great writing and multimedia storytelling skills. The manager, supported by an assistant, will also oversee the database, ensuring that all information is up-to-date and complete. The manager will focus on a wide range of tasks in two main areas including:
- Identify participants in the network and ensure they understand the ongoing benefits of being connected with ICFJ.
- Develop and implement an engagement and outreach strategy to be rolled out to participants and ICFJ staff.
- Develop new resources to enrich members of the network (i.e., reporting grants, digital toolkits, events and research).
Storytelling and Communications
- Work with management on a branding plan and language to articulate ICFJ’s network-centered strategy to ICFJ staff stakeholders. Ensure consistency of network language across website.
- Surface and showcase the outstanding impact of their network in multimedia stories on ICFJ’s websites and social media Data and Metrics.
- Oversee the database of journalists, ensuring that all information is up-to-date and complete.
For more information about this opportunity, click here.