Internews is seeking an instructional designer consultant to collaborate with subject-matter experts in the design and development of online courses and in deploying The Studio, Internews’ LMS, across the organization.
Scope of work:
- Support subject-matter experts at Internews in turning their content into engaging e-learning modules;
- Support subject-matter experts in assessing needs and gaps for the content and course curriculums;
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts;
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods;
- Develop course materials and resources for various thematic areas such as Gender, Humanitarian, and/or other media related topics;
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process;
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, games etc);
- Develop assessments, quizzes, and surveys to evaluate learner’s performance and courses;
- Monitor courses delivery and conduct iterations when needed.
- 2 years of experience in instructional design and curriculum development for e-learning;
- Experience interacting with subject-matter experts;
- Creative thinking around adult learning, especially using multimedia & design resources;
- Strong collaborative working style, ability to work in partnership with a diverse range of stakeholders with an openness to feedback and iteration;
- Excellent visual design skills, including portfolio of samples;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Sensitivity and understanding of diverse perspectives in a multicultural environment;
- Professional-level fluency in English.
- Strong skills with eLearning authoring software Articulate 360 – both Storyline and Rise;
- Recording/editing audio and video;
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Familiarity with SCORM and HTML desired;
- Experience in LMS management.
- Prior experience in the international development field;
- Familiarity with gender-related concepts and gender-sensitive programming.
This is a remote-based, part-time, short-term consultancy. All remote candidates will be considered. However, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
To apply please submit a CV, a sample of instructional design work or a link to portfolio and One-page cover here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe