Organisation: United States-India Education Foundation
- Eligibility criteria:
– must have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants must either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree; or a full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
must have at least three years’ full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study by the application deadline;
– should demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
– must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
– if employed, should follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FN Masters Employer’s Endorsement Form.
- Type of funding: Fellowship
- Target country: India
- Application language: English
The United States-India Education Foundation (USIEF) has announced the 2023-2024 Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities.
These fellowships are for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate leadership qualities, have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree, have at least three years professional work experience, and are committed to return and contribute to their communities. The fellowships are for one to two years.
Each applicant must choose one field of study that matches his/her chief area of interest. The following field descriptions are illustrative, and applicants should note that individual academic host institution programs of study may differ in course offerings, subspecialties, and academic requirements.
Applications are invited on the following field:
– Journalism and Mass Communication: The study of all aspects of mass communication, including individual and convergent media platforms such as print, broadcast and new media. Sub-specialties include media management, and communications research and strategy. Subspecialties include media management, print journalism, online journalism, broadcast (radio, television, internet) journalism, and communications research and strategy among others.
See here to learn more and apply.