IMS is looking for a skilled and dedicated Programme Manager to join their Eastern Europe team of professionals at the Global Response Department. IMS is looking for a person who has experience from working with media and have a sincere understanding of how the media operates. Programme Manager will be working with IMS’ partners in Eastern Europe covering programme management, strategy development, fundraising, implementation of projects and thereby contributing to unleash the potential of IMS’ existing partners and new ones. This includes creating inclusive solutions to address disinformation, build audience trust, develop sustainable business models and work with safety of journalists of all genders online and offline.
The candidate will be responsible for the overall management and further development of the programmes within their Eastern Europe portfolio, as well as take the lead on thematic projects relevant to the context with a special focus on building resilience against disinformation. Programme Manager will report to the Head of Department for Global Response, work closely with IMS team of Programme Managers and Advisers with the overall IMS project cycle management and implementation, supported by Finance and Administration Department, Communication Unit and other cross-cutting units.
Key functions and responsibilities:
- Manage and implement all aspects of IMS’ programme cycle management, including formulation of strategy, identification and assessment of partners, programme and project planning, progress reporting and monitoring and evaluation activities as well as phase out.
- Maintain strategic awareness of the challenges and opportunities facing independent media in Eastern Europe, including impact on marginalized groups.
- Maintain close contact with local and international partners relevant to IMS’s strategic objectives and values at a programme level, including women’s, LGBTQI+ and other minority NGOs.
- Integrate intersectional feminism and gender equality in all stages of the programme cycle, in line with IMS’ strategy on gender equality.
- Oversee the preparation of programme financial budgets while maintaining a financial overview and control of assigned programmes and projects.
- Support donor relations by providing timely programme and contextual updates as well as donor proposals including results framework analysis, workplans, narrative reports, etc., to the Head of Department for Global Response
- Work closely with the Head of Department for Global Response and the team to develop proposals and budget plans for new programme/project proposals and initiatives and advise on strategies where needed.
- Monitor political and social developments, including developments in the media sector, in the Eastern Europe region
- Work with advisors on conceptualising and successfully implementing solutions for sustainability of independent media in the digital age
Qualifications and skills
- At least five years of experience in programme and project cycle management in Eastern Europe
- Documented experience in designing and leading successful media development programmes, supporting good journalism, strengthening civil society and affected communities at least in two countries of Eastern Europe
- Excellent understanding of the human-rights based approach and its manifestation in media development
- Experience working with independent media, or in the area of safety of journalists and media reform is required.
- Excellent understanding of the current political and media environment in the region of Eastern Europe
- In-depth experience with resource mobilisation, fundraising activities and donor reporting.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- English and Russian fluency is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Eastern Europe region
Duration and location
Applicants are invited to enclose a detailed CV (résumé) with a cover letter outlining your motivation and how your skills and experience meet the needs of the position by 23:59 CET 24 July 2022.Please direct questions about the position to Head of Department for Global Response, Gulnara Akhundova at firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview and a test in the first weeks of August 2022. The successful candidate is expected to start work 15 September 2022.
For further information, please click here.
Organisation: International Media Support (IMS)
Location: Eastern Europe