The task of the Finance Officer is to assist Programme Managers in all steps of Programme Cycle Management and in organizing training, workshops and other activities in MENA. Furthermore, the Finance Officer will coordinate partner relations and contact (projects, contracts, preparation of payments and finalization of accounts) and organize travel and logistics related to programme activities.
The Finance Officer will occasionally travel to programme countries to support local partners in administrative issues/undertake financial capacity building/training. The Finance Officer will refer to the Head of the MENA Department.
- Prepare and follow up on financial and administrative issues related to the handling of partner contracts, including preparation of budgets, transfer of funds, controlling of accounts and audits;
- Elaborate and follow up on project contracts in English;
- Compile financial and narrative reports for donors;
- Assist on elaboration and budgeting of programme proposals;
- Coordinate events and travel logistics;
- Travel occasionally to programme countries to assist partners in their financial and administrative setup and compliance checks.
- Relevant educational background in e.g. accounting, finance or administration and/or at least 3 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge and experience of administration and financial control procedures in relation to project administration;
- Excellent command of Excel;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV will be considered an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic at a business level is a prerequisite;
- Experience working with international donors compiling financial and narrative reports and adhering to donor guidelines will be considered an asset.
- Strong team working skills and the ability to handle many tasks at once while working independently;
- Strong interdisciplinary and intercultural team-working skill;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines;
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities;
- Strong attention to order and detail.
Duration and location
The Finance Officer position is 37 h/week and time limited until the 31st of December 2021 with the possibility of extension. Compensation commensurate with experience and IMS policies. Duty station: IMS headquarters, Copenhagen, Denmark. Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please submit a brief written application and curriculum vitae in English here no later than 7th February.