Organisation: International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
Location: Washington, D.C., United States
ICIJ is looking to hire a Digital Producer / Editor who will help get those stories out to the world in a variety of storytelling and multimedia formats, through its website, email and social media platforms. This position reports to the Online Editor.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with the best investigative reporters, editors, data specialists and technologists from around the globe to tell the world’s most important stories. ICIJ is a small, dynamic team that values creativity and strives to create compelling content that will be used by media outlets across dozens of countries.
ICIJ is accepting applications from both early and mid-career journalists, with an emphasis on relevant digital experience. If you’ve got a plan for boosting ICIJ’s online presence, ICIJ wants to hear from you.
ICIJ is looking for a journalist:
- with excellent news judgment and newsroom experience, preferably in audience-focused digital production (working on a news website and/or social media team);
- who is obsessed with storytelling, and understands how content is created and distributed to different audiences;
- who is well-organized, an excellent communicator and a team-player, willing to build close relationships with reporters, researchers, developers and managers to create harmony — both in ICIJ’s processes, and in ICIJ’s creative output.
…who can help ICIJ:
- manage digital projects, including content creation based on ICIJ’s global investigations;
- create original content or commission, edit and produce content that can be published across ICIJ’s digital platforms;
- manage ICIJ’s social media channels, including planning and strategizing for social success;
- build and execute an audience strategy that can promote and guide ICIJ’s reporting, content production and distribution;
- work with ICIJ’s global network of media partners — including major international news outlets — to help tell the world’s most important stories to the world’s biggest potential audience.
Specifically, applicants should have:
- Minimum of three to five years of professional experience working in a newsroom (required);
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills in English (required), including familiarity with AP style (preferred);
- Skills in production and distribution of digital news, including familiarity with HTML and CSS, experience using a CMS to edit a website, and a general understanding of SEO practices (preferred);
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms, tools for creating and distributing content on social media, and analyzing success/failure (preferred);
- Familiarity with multimedia production — images, audio/video editing, understanding of basic design principles (preferred).
This is a hybrid position that will be based out of Washington, D.C. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This is a full-time exempt position (40 hours/week). Due to the international nature of ICIJ, work outside of business hours will be required occasionally.
To apply please send your resume and relevant samples of your work to Hamish Boland-Rudder (email@example.com), along with a short cover letter (preferably ~400 words or less) that tells ICIJ why you’re drawn to this role at ICIJ, and about your proudest moment as a journalist. Applications close on Feb. 5, 2023.
For more information, please click here.