Internews is seeking a Head of Operations candidate for USAID supporting the Investing in Independent Media Activity (IIM) with the general goal of expanding access to information among the general public and supporting sustainable independent media. As part of the senior management team, the Head of Operations will lead operations and partnership teams to provide administrative oversight on grants under contract, operation, logistics, procurement and compliance services for the Internews-led Investing in Independent Media project. This position is best suited to a highly organised individual who has USAID procurement and compliance knowledge and experience.
This position will be at-post in one of Internews’ Asia regional field offices. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many of Internews’ offices are closed or partially remote and staff are working remotely. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this role will also function remotely. The incumbent will ultimately be based at-post in Southeast Asia. You should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated to align in part with those of colleagues in Southeast Asia and on the East Coast of the United States.
All remote candidates will be considered. However, you must have work authorisation in your current location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
- Providing oversight and leadership across operations and partnership teams with a direct reporting to Chief of Party (COP);
- Working closely with the COP, DCOP, Senior Partnerships Manager and technical leads to ensure project activities are supported by high quality planning and execution of operational and logistical needs;
- Ensuring timely and effective operational support for the project activities;
- Responsible for the management of operations related budget line items and financial performance;
- Ensuring coordination between operations, partnerships/grants and finance/administration;
- Ensuring timely reports on grants and partnership activities;
- Working closely with senior management team in strategizing and management of resources;
- Working with the COP in maintaining IIM Project Risk Management Plan, including the development of contingency plans;
- Ensuring the procurement of supplies, services, and equipment are based on cost-effectiveness, in compliance with USAID regulations and Internews ethics policy;
- Liaising with donor and partner organizations as required;
- Encouraging a positive working environment through employee relations, activities and communications;
- Other duties may be assigned as required; and
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
This role supervises the program operations and partnership teams. The Head of Operations carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; managing, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum 3 years of development project experience, including field experience, preferably in media
- Advanced/post-graduate studies in business, public policy or finance related subject
- Project management experience, USAID project operational management experience preferred
- Project reporting experience, including reporting on USAID contract activities
- Familiarity with USAID and other donor regulations preferred
- Familiarity with Internews rules and regulations and ethics preferred
- Proven team management skills
- Experience with Project Management software, MS Excel and Word
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise with a shifting workload
- Fluent Burmese language skills
- Excellent English language and oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment
To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Southeast Asia