Organisation: Free Press Unlimited (FPU)
Free Press Unlimited is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Head of Knowledge and Quality (38 hours per week) to maintain, broaden, measure and evaluate the knowledge that their mission requires on many levels. The candidate will be based in the office in Amsterdam. There is the possibility of flexible and remote working.
Regular tasks and responsibilities:
- Further develop project management workflows and systems, including the assessment of partners, proposals, reports, monitoring indicators, and payments;
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of the projects of Free Press Unlimited, implemented with >100 partner organisations in >40 countries;
- Coordinate research in the field of media development;
- Further develop the organisation’s knowledge management framework;
- Contribute to the knowledge base of the media development sector;
- Organise knowledge exchange within the organisation, between the organisation and its partner organisations, between the organisation and other international media development actors and donors, and between partners (south-to-south learning);
- Ensure that lessons learned and successful practices are captured, documented, shared and used for improvement, innovation, communication, advocacy, and fundraising;
- Ensure quality management in line with ISO 9005:2015, including quality assessments in the form of an annual partner satisfaction survey, internal and external quality audits;
- Advice and assist on reporting in IATI where relevant.
- University degree in the field of International Media (Development) or International Development Studies;
- At least 10 years demonstrable and relevant experience in project management and international development cooperation;
- At least 3 years management experience;
- Specific knowledge of, and experience in, monitoring and evaluation methodologies (e.g. Theory of Change, Outcome Harvesting, Most Significant Change);
- Experience in donor proposals, reporting, and accountability;
- Work experience in international organisations;
- Work experience in developing countries;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English – command of Spanish, French, or Arabic desired.
Way of working:
- Persistent and able to influence others
- Able to lead and motivate a team
- Good listener
- Stress resistant
Please send your short motivation letter with CV to Ruth Kronenburg (Director of Operations) via this application form. The vacancy is open until FPU has found a suitable candidate. For questions about the position, you can contact Tamara Lunacek (HR Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org. An assessment and screening can be part of the selection process. Non-EU candidates need to have a valid work permit to be considered for this role.