Organisation: International Media Support (IMS)
IMS is looking for a Head of Communication with journalistic experience and an understanding of human rights, media development, press freedom, and digital media to head our communications team.
The Head of Communications supports IMS’ institutional goals and ensures IMS is seen as a professional media development organisation with expertise in current issues impacting journalists and the media.
You will refer to the Executive Director and Executive Management Team.
IMS is currently revising its strategy and implementing a new transformational leadership model that reinforces our core values of Trust, Inclusion, Solidarity, Responsiveness, and Ambition.
Your role will be to:
- Lead a dedicated communications team in promoting the work of our partners and staff.
- Support IMS departments’ targeted communication to donors and other stakeholders.
- Position IMS as a professional, solutions-oriented, and relevant partner.
- Strengthen our profile and identity through our outreach channels.
- Ensure IMS produces sharp, concise, and appealing content.
Your tasks will be to:
- Prioritise and balance the allocation of the Communication Unit’s resources in an impactful and cost-effective way according to IMS’ mandate and the strategic direction provided by the organisation’s
- Executive Management, knowledge hubs, and regional departments.
- Guide the Communications team’s delivery of high-quality and timely communication support to IMS programme departments.
- Ensure our Executive Director and experts’ visibility in key global fora and IMS’ own publications, including through drafting high-quality articles and texts.
- The proven ability to be an inclusive and empathetic leader who inspires others brings enthusiasm and experience to the role and remains calm and focused during a crisis.
- A relevant educational background, preferably in journalism, communications, and/or international relations.
- A global outlook and at least 12 years of experience in communicating complex issues within newsrooms and/or communications departments. Experience working in a region where IMS operates, in international development, or in a global newsroom is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Excellent coordination, problem-solving and organizational skills and the ability to drive team processes in a multicultural and fast-moving environment. The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining an eye for detail.
- Impeccable written and spoken English.
- A solid understanding of media, global affairs, technology, and international development.
- An interest in developing IMS’ communications channels.
Duration and location
This is an open-ended, full-time position of 37 hours per week, starting as soon as possible. Compensation commensurate with experience and IMS policies. Your duty station will be Copenhagen with occasional travel.
How to apply
Apply by submitting your resume and application in English through the link below/to the right no later than 15 June. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please direct any questions you may have about the position to HR Manager Marie-Louise Lykke (email@example.com).