Internews is seeking a Grants Manager candidate for a USAID-funded media support and civil society initiative with the general goal of further strengthening independent media and civil society in Jordan. The Grants Manager will be responsible for oversight of the activity’s procurement, including preparation of all procurement documents required for successful implementation of the activity, including a grants manual, grant templates, grant approval requests, etc. The person will provide leadership in the overall technical and contractual management of a large portfolio of sub-partners under the project, including grants that support civil society advocacy, capacity building and programmatic initiatives in Jordan. The Grants Manager will also be responsible for supporting all aspects of the grant selection, awarding and administration processes, including tracking all grants, ensuring grant applications and paperwork comply with USAID and Internews rules and regulations, suggesting corrective measures, and providing technical assistance as needed. The Grants Manager will also provide technical assistance for grantees related to a broad range of compliance, programmatic and administrative needs for effective programming. The person will be located in Amman and will report to the Deputy Chief of Party. Note that this position is contingent upon funding. The finalist candidate is subject to USAID approval.
This role will be based in Amman, Jordan. Wherever possible, Internews works to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Provide leadership and oversight for grants and contracts management on the project;
- Assist in design of grants programs and solicitations;
- Assist the Chief of Party to ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable Internews and donor policies and procedures;
- Manage and ensure compliance for all subawards to implementing partners;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Internews policies and procedures;
- Train all Program and Grants staff on grants manual and grants management system, to quickly and easily assess the status and performance of each grantee, including any implementation issues;
- Work with program staff to establish and effectively maintain a compliant grants management system;
- Coordinate closely with a team of program and grants officers to support local organizations in finalizing project proposals and budgets, and to monitor and report on grantee activities;
- Develop and manage subaward solicitation processes;
- Maintain an online grant tracking system, and ensure compliant monitoring and reporting on grant activities;
- Train and mentor relevant project staff and implementing partners on managing and monitoring subawards;
- Ensure the effective start-up and close out of all sub-grants;
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
The role supervises the grants team, (including direct oversight of a team of at least two professionals). The role carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; managing, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience of 7 years;
- Substantial related experience working in project grant management for NGOs, with strong knowledge of international donor requirements;
- Familiarity with project finance management, including financial controls, accounting, auditing;
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written). Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and in a collaborative environment;
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and flexible work style;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to multitask highly desired;
- Appreciation of and ability to work effectively in, diverse work environments;
- Previous work with INGOs and knowledge on USAID donor regulations and requirements;
- Native Arabic speaker.
To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Amman, Jordan