Deadline: 15 September 2018 | Global Voices seeks to hire a Managing Editor to lead and oversee the work of the Global Voices newsroom. There is no geographic requirement associated with this position as Global Voices has no physical headquarters. Candidates must have reliable access to broadband Internet connectivity, be comfortable working in a virtual environment, and be prepared to make around five international work trips per year.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in English and at least one other language, and have five-to-seven years of experience in the following areas:
- Professional editing, writing, and public speaking (in English)
- Designing and managing media products and projects
- Working with online community-driven or grassroots media projects
- Working in diverse, multicultural environments, and with writers and media producers of varying degrees of experience
- Living or working in multiple countries, preferably in the Global South
Find out more here