Location: Remote work a possibility; Brussels, Belgium-based preferred
Time commitment: 24-26 hours per week initially, with the possibility of extending.
Deadline: 15 March 2021
Duties: In the position of Membership and Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for managing GFMD’s membership and engagement-related tasks, as well as overseeing GFMD’s membership activities. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage overall GFMD membership, and lead and implement membership strategy.
- Reach out to and communicate with new/existing members as well as potential members.
- Coordinate the new member due diligence process, and vetting and onboarding new members.
- Updating our Insightly (CRM) database management system, and maintaining updated engagement logs.
- Coordinate and update GFMD members’ website profile information with the Communications Manager.
- Coordinate new and existing member invoicing with the Finance and Accounts Manager.
- Update the Membership page on the GFMD website as needed.
Outreach and engagement
- Manage GFMD’s communication channels with members, including our mailing lists.
- Assisting with GFMD’s other working groups, Resource Centre updating, and similar initiatives (meetings, logistics, etc.).
- Supporting the GFMD members-only webinar series and other members-only events, such as our virtual town halls.
- Coordinating and/or assisting with the planning of major GFMD events, such as the Global Forum/General Assembly, GFMD Steering Committee meetings, etc.
- Contribute to the content of GFMD’s newsletter “MediaDev Insider” with content and links related to GFMD’s members and partners.
- Contribute to GFMD’s engagement/impact measurement.
- Engaging in GFMD’s strategic planning process, especially with developing a membership and engagement strategy.
- Manage and train any interns assigned to assist with engagement.
- Contribute to grant applications and reporting, as well as overall GFMD annual reporting.
- Participate in weekly/biweekly calls with GFMD staff.
- Providing technical/admin assistance as needed.
- Other duties as required.
What we’re looking for
- 5-7 years of experience in a membership and/or customer relationship engagement-related role.
- The ability to quickly gain trust among a broad variety of stakeholders and build enduring relationships with new and existing members and partners across a vibrant global community.
- Passion for independent, pluralistic, and sustainable journalism and news media.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, verbal, and written communication skills.
- The ability to handle and prioritise many projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Willingness to travel as required (after COVID-19 restrictions ease).
What would give you an advantage
- A background in journalism, media policy, and/or media development will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with managing a membership network and/or building partnerships across networks.
- Experience with regional and/or international non-profit organisations.
- Fluency in another language, particularly Arabic, French, or Spanish.
What we offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Small, fun, and supportive team
- Family-friendly, international work environment
- Independence, autonomy, and flexibility
- Impactful work
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
We welcome and encourage diversity among applicants, and do not discriminate against any potential applicant based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender.
For additional information, please contact:
Michael J. Oghia
Advocacy and Engagement Manager