About GFMD: Established in 2005, the Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD) is an international network of around 200 journalism support and media development organisations working across more than 70 countries. As a not-for-profit, Belgian-registered ASBL, GFMD’s main focus is to foster collaboration as well as an exchange of information and experience amongst our members and partners with the aim to foster viable and independent journalism, greater transparency, and more pluralistic and sustainable media environments.
Location: Remote (Brussels is a plus)
Duties: The communications intern will assist in the coordination of GFMD’s communications and outreach activities in close collaboration with GFMD’s communications manager and advocacy and engagement manager. The successful candidate will be a well-organised, creative individual with strong verbal and written communication skills who is comfortable working independently outside of an office on a decentralised team.
Job type: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Compensation: €200 monthly
- Writing content for the GFMD website
- Assisting the creation and dissemination of MediaDev Insider newsletter
- Assisting with organising webinars and events
- Updating or developing GFMD’s social media pages and website pages
- Taking minutes during GFMD working group and capacity building webinars
- Engaging with members via email
- Attending a weekly team meeting
- Attending relevant events in/around Brussels (if located in Belgium) or online/remote events in the current situation
- Other duties as required
For additional information, please contact Jordan Higgins (email@example.com)