Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD) is looking for a Policy and Advocacy Intern who will report to the Director of GFMD’s International Media Policy and Advocacy (GFMD IMPACT) or our Policy and Advocacy Manager as well as work with GFMD’s Executive Director and Deputy Director.
- Assistance in coordination and promotion of GFMD policy, advocacy and learning meetings and other GFMD and GFMD IMPACT project activities.
- Writing policy and advocacy materials, drafting policy briefings/papers and statements, and creating and managing content for the GFMD and GFMD IMPACT newsletter, website, resource pages, and social media pages.
- Communicating with GFMD and GFMD IMPACT members and partners.
- Organising and keeping up-to-date program and project documentation.
- Collecting and keeping track of relevant project monitoring and evaluation data.
- Acting as a liaison between GFMD and its advocacy and policy partners, specifically by attending/reporting on calls and meetings, and following the progress of the initiatives.
- Taking minutes and writing reports from GFMD and GFMD IMPACT working meetings, and webinars.
- Assisting with grant reporting in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other related duties as needed, such as administrative tasks like updating our Insightly CRM database.
In addition to the essential skills and experiences listed above the following are essential for this role:
- Research skills
To apply send an email to email@example.com explaining why you are interested in the internship in no more than 400 words and attaching your CV and an example of your writing. Please state which GFMD internship(s) you are interested in.
For more information about GFMD internships, please click here.
Organisation: Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD)