« Back to all Careers
Duties: In the position of Advocacy Intern, a candidate will receive work experience and advice in dealing with the policy and advocacy aspects of GFMD’s work, and assists with duties that may include but are not limited to:
- Being a primary liaison between GFMD and its EU Media Advocacy Working group, specifically by planning virtual meetings, attending/reporting on calls, following EU-related processes, and assisting in conducting our advocacy in Brussels and beyond.
- Assisting with GFMD’s Internet governance and policy activities, such as supporting the Dynamic Coalition on the Sustainability of Journalism and News Media (DC-Sustainability) co-coordinators and our other engagements within the Internet Governance Forum (IGF), RightsCon, and related fora.
- Assisting with project/grant reporting and statement drafting/editing.
- Assisting with GFMD’s working groups and similar initiatives (meetings, logistics, engagement, etc.).
- Writing advocacy-related content for the GFMD newsletter, website, and social media pages.
- Other related duties as needed, such as administrative tasks like updating our Insightly CRM database.
What we’re looking for
- Student or recent graduate interested in media policy, Internet governance, media markets, and/or media development.
- Passion for independent, pluralistic, and sustainable journalism
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Compensation: EUR 200 (monthly)
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV in English to:
Jordan Higgins, Communications Manager
For more latest career opportunities, subscribe to our LinkedIn newsletter MediaDev Insider