Free Press Unlimited is currently looking for a freelance part-time project officer for their Syria programme’s Project Gender and Media nexus. This position requires the management of grant and project activities within the Syria programme. This project works with a few women-led Syrian media outlets that target gender focused content in diverse and marginalised communities, addressing women empowerment in the journalistic profession, and advocating for the role of women in the community. The role of the best candidate is to coordinate activities for this project within the consortium and act as a focal point. This position makes sure that donor’s compliance is fully respected and oversees the implementation, financial, administrative organisation and coordination of the project. The candidate reports to a supervisor, but works autonomously and in a cooperative team environment.
The candidate will be working within a 1 year programme that aims to enable Syrian women-led media outlets work collaboratively to foster inclusive dialogue, women in leadership, gender justice in Syrian media and the promotion of gender equality among audiences across geographies. Free Press Unlimited, and strategic partners, see greater inclusivity, accountability and trust within Syrian society as key to more sustainability and peace.
- Maintain good communication among all partners and help support the vision and goal of the project
- Deliver programme coordination planning, organisation and implementation of projects (maintain regular contact with partner organisations in relation to the implementation, achieving expected results, monitoring of progress and closure of
- Manage and monitor small to medium size budgets of partners (15.000-70.000 Eur)
- Support and monitor the implementation of three different partner activities according to the logframe, and support their collaboration and joint activities throughout
- Develop contracts with partner organisations and service providers (consultants) and explain procedures where necessary
- Organise meetings and ensure partners are reporting adequately, organise trainings (online or offline) when required and ensure they get executed and documented
- Monitor the progress and quality of execution of project activities, assess the narrative and financial reports and report deviations, delays, stagnation and changes. Update team and give feedback to partners, trainers/consultants
- Prepare data from partners for (internal and/or external) evaluation, survey project results, analyse finances and contribute to the periodic reporting about the partners for the year reports (financial & narrative)
- Share responsibility for writing communication contributions, web texts and keep external project information up-to-date, including the design and development of multimedia content for projects about partners and partner activities.
- Can work in both English and Arabic (spoken and written)
- At least 3-5 years experience in a project/partner management preferably in the Middle East North Africa region and/or media support
- Knowledge of project management and the relevant methodologies
- Financial administration, disbursement, payment and reporting skills
- Experience with donors compliance
- Good relation-building and partnering skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with an eye for detail, especially when collecting, at times, complex
- Knowledge on media sector in MENA and preferably the Syrian context
- Accurate mindset, self-critical and service driven
- High level of integrity and security sensitivity
- Good leadership skills
- Proactive mentality
- Able to receive and give constructive feedback
- Affinity with journalism, media and human rights is a must.
FPU offers a part-time (16-24hrs a week) assignment starting as of October (with the possibility to extend). They offer a dynamic international environment with an NGO fair fee based on MENA region standards. Free Press Unlimited uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
If you are interested, please send your motivation letter and CV (preferable in PDF-format) and examples of work, no later than 12th September 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. More info here.
Organisation: Free Press Unlimited (FPU)