The team Latin America is currently looking for a Project Officer Latin America (32-38 hours) with at least three to five years of experience in project / grant management.
About Free Press Unlimited:
Free Press Unlimited based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands strongly believes that all people are entitled to have access to unbiased, reliable and timely information. This enables them to assess their own living conditions, influence these and make better decisions. Press Freedom and freedom of information are vital for gathering and spreading reliable, unbiased information. Media play a crucial role in providing people free and unrestricted access to information.
By supporting media professionals and journalists, Free Press Unlimited wants to make and keep objective news and information available to everyone, especially to people in countries without or with limited (press) freedom.
The team Latin America is currently looking for a Project Officer Latin America for 32-38 hours with at least three to five years of experience in project / grant management.
You will support planning, organisation, reporting (financial and narrative) and implementation of projects and programmes. This includes working closely with partner organisations in Latin America, providing logistical support in the case of an event and monitoring progress of the work. All work will be done within the financial and qualitative framework established by management and programme coordinators.
The position is based in the office in Amsterdam.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support Programme Coordinators in the design of project proposals and the regional strategy;
- Develop contracts and agreements with donors, service providers and partner organisations in collaboration with the Programme Coordinators;
- Take care of part of the communication arising from acquisition and preparation of projects, in collaboration with the Programme Coordinators;
- Capable of managing and monitoring budgets according to internal and external guidelines;
- Support Programme Coordinators with the planning, organisation, reporting (financial and narrative) and implementation of projects and deploys external providers (such as interpreters/ translators and trainers / experts) where necessary. All within the financial and qualitative framework established by management (and Programme Coordinators).
- Monitor the progress and execution of the project activities, in collaboration with the Programme Coordinators, and provides them with information on any deviation and/or stagnation;
- Follow and monitor contextual changes in the project region to inform and possibly adapt programme implementation;
- Organise travel, accommodation, visas and insurance of those involved in project activities when necessary;
Plan and organise gatherings, meetings and visits in the context of projects, both in the Netherlands and abroad, and in consultation with the Programme Coordinator, organise the required facilities if necessary.
Qualities Free Press Unlimited is looking for:
- University of Applied Sciences level of working and thinking;
- At least three to five years’ work experience in a administrative position, preferably in an international environment;
- Knowledge of project management and the relevant methodologies; Experience in EU and/or US grant management is a must;
- Excellent communication skills, as well as good command of Spanish and English;
- Knowledge and/or experience in the Latin American region, the area of media, journalism and/or sustainable (media) development;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- High level of integrity and accountability;
- A valid EU work permit.
What Free Press Unlimited offers:
The opportunity to contribute to a special mission. A dynamic and international environment of 70 colleagues who work both from home and in a nice office in the heart of Amsterdam. An appointment for one year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance and funding. Free Press Unlimited has an excellent pension scheme, 25 days of leave per year (on the basis of a full-time position) and a reimbursement of travel expenses (public transport).
An assessment and screening can be part of the selection process.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Free Press Unlimited (FPU)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands