Fathm is recruiting for an experienced and diversely capable Consultant for an initial fixed term 6-month contract. This important new role with Fathm will involve responsibilities for developing, delivering, monitoring and evaluating. The candidate will be working closely with Fathm’s directors in a role that will involve network building, new business generation, training design, innovation facilitation, media advisory, project and programme management and communications.
- Launching, growing, and running key Fathm projects and programmes.
- Strategic project and programme management including planning, grants, procurement, and finance tasks as needed.
- Day to day operational project management and programme implementation including oversight, planning, analysis, personnel, monitoring, budgeting, administrative and other support activities etc.
- Design and embed strategies and systems for monitoring impact
- Serve as a spokesperson for Fathm with media, partner organisations, and civil society.
- Managing Fathm team members.
- Monitor emerging and future opportunities and promote Fathm’s work within the media and media development
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with international and local partner organisations.
- Identify and engage with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with both commercial and non-profit institutions and funders to identify needs and opportunities.
- Manage application and selection processes together with clients in order to build strong training cohorts.
- Identify and develop opportunities to bring in new business and increase income.
- Other work to expand and support Fathm’s programmes.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5+ years of managing programmes, projects, or similar initiatives within media or communications.
- Strong writing skills including writing proposals, reports, and other business documents.
- Strong written and verbal English.
- Background working in journalism.
- Experience of innovation in news and journalism
- Proven ability to prioritise and handle multiple ongoing assignments independently.
- Proven ability to both work autonomously and collaborate as an effective team member.
- Experience using tools such as Slack and Google Workspace.
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Experience in managing international programmes with a connection to journalism, media development, communications or information literacy.
- Experience creating. Implementing and monitoring budgets.
- Experience using social media for business.
- Additional languages.
The position is for an immediate start, primarily working remotely, but with occasional in-person meetings in either London or Surrey. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. The candidate will need to have access to a suitable professional and confidential environment with a reliable internet connection in which to carry out the duties. The position is full time over Monday to Friday with core hours between 9am and 5pm with some flexibility required to meet business needs. The pay range starts at 38k and is dependent on experience.
To apply please submit a CV, and a cover letter addressing the responsibilities, qualifications, knowledge, and experience required for the role here.