Organisation: European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF)
Location: Leipzig and remote
European Centre for Press and Media Freedom is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Gender/Diversity Advisor to join their team as an external consultant between September and December 2023.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with our management and staff to ensure the effective integration of gender equality and diversity considerations we run as part of the Hannah-Arendt-Initiative.
You will provide practical recommendations, training, and expertise to promote inclusive practices within our Emergency programme Voices of Ukraine. Additionally, you will work with external partners and stakeholders to strengthen diversity and foster an inclusive environment.
- Develop and implement a gender equality and diversity strategy that aligns with our mission and programs.
- Provide expert advice on gender and diversity-related issues, ensuring their integration across all aspects of our work within Voices of Ukraine.
- Conduct gender and diversity assessments and analyses to identify barriers, challenges, and opportunities for promoting inclusivity.
- Support the development and implementation of cross-functional policies, guidelines, and practices that foster gender equality, diversity, and inclusion for further project development.
- Collaborate with program teams to integrate gender and diversity considerations into project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Design and deliver gender and diversity training, and awareness raising for our support team responsible for the HAI/VoU projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in gender studies, social sciences, human rights, or a related field. Relevant education and work experience combination will also be considered.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in gender equality, diversity, and inclusion-related fields, preferably within an NGO or international organisation.
- Strong understanding of gender and diversity principles, as well as knowledge of social justice, anti-discrimination, and human rights frameworks.
- Experience in conducting gender and diversity assessments, analysing intersectional issues, and developing strategies to promote inclusivity.
- Familiarity with international frameworks and policies on gender equality, diversity, and inclusion, such as the
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and relevant UN conventions.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
To apply, please submit your offer including your CV, a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Please indicate “Gender/Diversity Advisor Application” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 15 August 2023
Note: This call for an external consultant provide a general outline of the tasks and may be subject to modifications and adjustments based on our evolving needs and priorities.