DW Akademie, Germany’s leading organisation for international media development, is seeking experts to conduct the Final External Evaluation of the project “Support to the Public Service Broadcaster of Ukraine” (Ref. ENI/2016/375-149). Due to the special conditions caused by the Corona pandemic, the evaluation will be conducted remotely.
a) Service Provider Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should be experienced in conceptualizing and conducting evaluations in a media
development context. They should be very adept at gathering and processing information and data,
with proven analytical abilities and knowledge of empirical research methods. The following
expertise is particularly appreciated:
- Proven record in conducting logframe-based evaluations – ideally with experience in evaluating large-scale projects;
- Proficient in English and Ukrainian or Russian;
- Regional expertise is a strong asset;
- A good understanding of issues relating to freedom of expression, media and if possible
public broadcasting reforms in post-soviet countries;
- Proposals from co-evaluators who wish to provide technical support for the work of a lead evaluator in the data collection phase – as well as proposals of evaluator tandems – are possible. Co-evaluators should also have expertise in the development or media development field. Apart from technical support, they are also expected to provide their expertise and actively participate in the discussions.
b) Service Provider Exclusion Criteria
- Have not been sentenced by final judgment on one or more of the following charges:
participation in a criminal organisation, corruption, fraud, money laundering.
- Are not in a situation of bankruptcy, liquidation, termination of activity, insolvency or
arrangement with creditors or any like situation arising from a procedure of the same kind,
or is not subject to a procedure of the same kind.
- Have not received a judgment with res judicata force, finding an offence that affects its
professional integrity or constitutes a serious professional misconduct.
- Comply with their obligations as regards payment of social security contributions, taxes and
dues, according to the statutory provisions of the countries where they are established.
c) Documents to be submitted for participation in the tender
The following documents have to be provided by every bidder:
1. A motivation letter in which the applicant conveys her or his motivation and suitability for
the specific evaluation.
2. CV(s) of a person(s) to be involved in the assignment, documenting relevant experience in the
aforementioned fields (incl. contact details of two reference persons). In the case of team
applications, kindly note that DW Akademie will issue only one contract with the lead
evaluator representing the whole team.
3. A technical proposal (approx. 6 to 8 pages) containing the following information:
- Understanding of the required terms of reference and of the specificities of the project
- Relevant expertise demonstrating the ability to perform the evaluation
- Methodology including a coherent and concise concept for the evaluation design and
type of questions envisaged
- Suggested timeline for the delivery of the evaluation
4. A detailed budget proposal and the projected working days using the template provided in
Annex B, respecting the following:
- made on the official letterhead of the company (LLC, or Individual Entrepreneur) with
the signature and stamp of responsible manager and/or director with an indication of
place and date;
- the budget proposal to be in EUR incl. VAT;
- the budget proposal should indicate the expected budget of human resources for the
evaluation (number of experts/ analysts, amount of time needed and their rates); in
case of evaluation tandems, working days should be indicated separately for each
- inclusion of the commission of the service provider (should there be any) in the cost
of each service without writing it as a separate line in the commercial offer.
Offers should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in copy indicating “TENDER #2021/06_Name or Company name_Final External Evaluation” in a subject line.
The information on the tender as well as annexes is posted in the public electronic procurement system of Ukraine.
Organisation: Deutsche Welle Akademie