- Training & education
Apply for the Journalift new learning programme specifically designed for media professionals in managerial and executive roles or those aspiring to such positions. The programme offers tailored learning experiences focused on critical skills, group-based learning, and strategic guidance to drive change and advance careers within media organisations across the Western Balkans.
The programme will enable innovative, practical learning experiences employing critical skills and group-based learning for strategy-driven media representatives across the Western Balkans.
Executive Learning Series is a programme tailored to equip individuals to expand their media impact, leading them through steps, methodology and ethical considerations in addressing their organisational and strategic challenges and guiding them in advancing their careers within their media ecosystems.
About the programme
The programme for media professionals is part of the regional Western Balkans Media for Change project carried out by a consortium led by the British Council (BC) in partnership with the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN), the Thomson Foundation (TF) and INTRAC (The International NGO Training and Research Centre), funded by the UK Government.
The programme is structured around 3 onsite workshops/masterclasses (March-May 2024), accompanied by preparatory and follow-up tasks and mentoring:
- Masterclass 1: How to envision the future: Foresight and scenario building (Warsaw, Poland, 22 – 25 March 2024)
- Masterclass 2: How to think strategically: Making strategy an easy and daily tool for effective transformation (Skopje, North Macedonia, 19 – 22 April 2024)
- Masterclass 3: How to measure success: Defining key metrics for organisational development and continuous improvement (Belgrade, Serbia, 10 – 13 May 2024)
An ideal participant is a person with capacity, capability and high interest in organisational transformation, eagerness to bring their team to the next level, and curiosity about new ways of thinking, planning and performing their duties.
The programme intends to attract individuals representing media organisations from Western Balkans (Serbia, North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro) that:
- bring innovative approach or practice in their work;
- are committed to society/community development or social changes in their close environment;
- demonstrate sensibility or represent marginalised groups, youth or gender and social inclusion-related policies and practices in their work.
- For all selected participants Thomson Media will cover participation fees, including travel, accommodation and meals.
See more about the Executive Learning Series and selection criteria here.
How to apply
Media professionals interested in participating in the regional networking Executive Learning Series should fill out the Application form via Jotform.
Applications should be complemented with the applicant’s CV that includes their current position, description of the role, as well as clear references to previous working experiences. Deadline for applications is 15 February 2024, by 23:59h CET.