The Ethical Journalism Network is seeking a Director. The EJN is a small but important charity, which supports journalists around the world striving to uphold ethical practices in order to build public trust in good journalism.
The Director leads and manages the EJN on behalf of its board, representing the organisation on public platforms and in the media:
- Developing and delivering international programmes of activities relating to media ethics;
- Managing relationships with funders and reporting on the impact of our work to both funders and the board;
- Managing the EJN’s relationships with its global network of supporters and strategic partners;
- Managing the teams delivering project work.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic self-starter who shares the aims and values of the Ethical Journalism Network
Essential qualities include:
- Understanding of working in a not-for-profit organisation;
- Understanding of the media landscape, including social media and multi-media journalism;
- Some business management experience;
- Experience of fundraising and managing relationships with funders.
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of supporters globally;
- Good communications skills, including multi-media communication.
This role is UK-based and candidates must have the right to reside in the UK and be prepared to travel when Covid restrictions are lifted.
Interested individuals should send a CV and covering letter to EJNDirector@ethicaljournalismnetwork.org by March 12.
Read more about EJN’s work here.