The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is looking for a talented, ambitious, and tenacious Editorial Coordinator to help them manage the editorial workflow. This position is based in OCCRP’s main office in the Netherlands. OCCRP can assist with relocation and work authorization formalities. However, due to the current global situation, there is an option for remote work until the end of the pandemic.
- Rapid, effective coordination with OCCRP’s network of member centres, regional editors, and freelance journalists that stretches across the world.
- Working smoothly with journalists, editors, and colleagues in OCCRP’s other departments, such as security, technology, data, and research.
- Providing project management support and/or leadership, as required, across the organization’s editorial teams
- Overseeing the story intake process, as well as the remainder of the editorial workflow, from editing to layout, translation, layout, publication, and promotion.
- Sharp editing of investigative journalism produced by OCCRP and its partner organizations.
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional organizational skills are key.
- Project management experience is strongly desired.
- You must be a “self-starter” with a strong sense of initiative. There will be plenty of opportunities to show leadership, and we want to find a candidate who will take maximum advantage.
- Editorial skills are also important. You must be an excellent slinger of copyable to polish sentences, paragraphs, and stories (often written by non-native speakers) until they shine.
- You must be proactive, improvisational, and able to take charge with little guidance.
You must have a strong interest in, or experience writing about, international politics, corruption, and organized crime.
- Experience working cross-culturally is a plus.
- Proficiency in Russian, French, or Spanish is a big plus.
To apply please email a cover letter, resume, and several clips or samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 15, 2022. All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. For more information, please click here.
Organisation: Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP)