Project Syndicate is seeking an Associate Editor (AE). This is a full-time position reporting to their Managing Editor and Chief Operating Officer. The primary responsibility of the AE will be to edit newspaper-length commentaries and, as needed, longer-form content such as book reviews and interviews. The AE will also be responsible for writing headlines, tag lines, short summaries, and social media posts, and may be tasked with editing and curating features on the PS website and newsletters on an ad hoc basis.
- Editing 800-1,000-word commentaries and, on occasion, longer-form content
- Writing headlines and social media posts for edited commentaries
- Evaluating and managing unsolicited submissions
- Assisting with some (minor) website administration and curation of editorial features
- Occasional editing, curation, and production of editorial newsletters
- Other editorial tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writing ability (US English at a native level of proficiency)
- Demonstrated interest in, and understanding of, opinion journalism
- Strong knowledge of, and curiosity about, world affairs, economics, and public policy
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, news-driven environment
- Flexible schedule
- 4+ years of journalism experience in an editing capacity
- Experience with a CMS and email marketing client (e.g., Mailchimp)
- Social media fluency
- Full-time position
- Remote work
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic organization
To apply, interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, and writing sample to email@example.com.
All submissions must be in English. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
For more information, click here.
Organisation: Project Syndicate