European Centre for Press and Media Freedom is looking for a Programmes and Policy Intern. This internship is a part of a project funded by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). It includes active involvement in the activities of the Journalists-in-Residence Programme, as well as regular cooperation with the advocacy officer and communications team.
- Assisting the Journalists-in-Residence programme manager
- Help organising language courses and professional workshops for the journalists-in-residence
- Contribution to the production of interviews and feature articles on media freedom violations
- Contribution to other advocacy and communications tasks
About the candidate:
- You are interested in journalism, media freedom and human rights
- You are studying in a field such as journalism, human rights studies, political sciences or European studies, law, communications and media studies, or history
- You are fluent in English and have a working knowledge of German. Other languages including Russian and Turkish are an advantage
- You are a creative writer and have keen language skills
- You are well-organised, curious, a fast learner and proactive team player
- You can show appropriate sensitivity and consideration while working with potentially traumatised people.
- You are currently: a) enrolled at a German University or University of Applied Sciences, b) are in between your Bachelor and Master studies
- During the internship you are based in Leipzig
What ECPMF offer:
- A chance to be a part of an international team that stands up for media freedom every day
- An insight and active involvement in the different working fields of ECPMF, including protection, advocacy and communications
- Hands-on experience in a small, dynamic NGO operating across Europe
To apply please send us your cover letter and resume by 23:59 CEST 14th of August and tell why ECPMF should choose you, via firstname.lastname@example.org Please put Internship Policy and Programmes in the email subject.
For more information, please click here.
Organisation: European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF)