DW Akademie is currently seeking a freelance Consultant and Trainer (f/m/d) based in Uganda to start as soon as possible until 31st December 2020.
Description of assignment:
- Support in the development of training curricula on election reporting (online & offline trainings),
- Implementation of trainings on election reporting for upcountry radio stations together with a co-trainer,
- Desk research and development of a media support strategy for 2021 based on the outcomes of the trainings and special requirements in the context of COVID-19,
- Tasks might include various other activities.
Qualification and requirements:
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline,
- Substantive knowledge of the electoral and political system in Uganda,
- Several years of practical journalistic experience, preferably in radio journalism,
- Profound experience in the development of training curricula,
- Several years of experience as trainer and/or consultant.
DW Akademie is Deutsche Welle’s center for international media development, journalism training and knowledge transfer. Our projects strengthen the human right to freedom of expression and unhindered access to information. DW Akademie empowers people worldwide to make independent decisions based on reliable facts and constructive dialogue.
Application Deadline: 15 October 2020
Please send your cover letter, CV, certificates and references with the subject line “Trainer / Consultant – Uganda” to email@example.com.