- Training & education
Organisation: International Centre for Journalists (ICFJ)
Location: Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
ICFJ will train individuals who are passionate about stopping the spread of disinformation and empowering others to do the same. Selected individuals will serve as trainers, conducting workshops and events for their communities, equipping more people to spot and push back against false information. The trainers will receive a grant to conduct the workshops.
While Disarming Disinformation is a global program, this year, this track will be focused on Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
In each of these regions, we will choose five applicants and will provide them in-person training (location to be decided), and USD 2,000 to develop and run their own training, with assistance from MediaWise and our respective local partner (Africa Check, FactCrescendo, Fatabyyano and Media Development Fund). We expect the grantees to train at least 60 people from November 2023 until June 2024.
Applications will be open until August 4, 2023 (3h59 GMT). The application review process will run from August 8th until August 18th. Successful applicants will be eligible to receive the USD 2,000 grant and will be invited to attend the in-person training scheduled for mid-to-late October. If you are selected, we may contact you for an interview, so stay tuned.
Please fill this form IN ENGLISH.
Applicants must attend the 4-hour online course on August 7, from 12pm-4pm GMT to be eligible for grants and in-person training.
Successful candidates must
- Be from one of the countries in the four target regions.
- Attend the 4-hour online course on August 7.
- Have demonstrated leadership experience in your community, but experience in journalism is not required to apply.
- Be willing and able to develop and execute their own training until June 2024.
- Have the ability to communicate in English.
- Knowledge and experience in combating disinformation are a plus
About the benefits
- Each region will have 5 selected grantees
- Each grantee will receive USD 2,000
- Grantees will receive assistance from MediaWise and a local organization to develop and deliver their own training