Internews is looking for a Digital Security Trainer in Lebanon who will be working on strengthening digital security of LGBTQIA+ communities in Lebanon, improving their resilience in the face of ongoing digital threats. The project will employ a multi-layered, community-based approach, focusing intensively and deliberately on the needs of LGBTQIA+ individuals.
This part-time position will be based remotely in Lebanon. Candidates should possess independent work authorization in Lebanon that does not require employer sponsorship.
This is a limited-term position with an anticipated term of nine months and anticipated level of effort of 50%.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
Curriculum Development & Localization:
- Develop and facilitate a three-month digital security training curriculum with both in-person and virtual sessions;
- Facilitate Lebanon-specific threat modeling workshops with Organizational Partners and Fellows;
- Provide technical expertise and guidance during the development of new digital security resources and localization of existing resources (including guides, tools, etc.);
- Strategically shape new training resources developed under the project to ensure they are scalable and relevant at the global level.
Training & Mentorship:
- Serve as a mentor to selected fellows, ensuring knowledge and implementation of tailored security practices;
- Support the development of security networks; country-specific collaborative security plans, including a detailed plan for long-term information sharing;
- Collaborate with the project team and partners to build advanced training approaches.
- Advise the development and implementation of digital safety awareness-raising engagements for lgbtq+ individuals in the region;
- Contribute to the writing and compiling of program reporting, including quarterly reports and other project-related reports.
Values & Flexibility:
- Completing other duties as mutually agreed;
- Passionate about teaching others with compassion and understanding of their skills and abilities;
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS THEY ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience as a digital security trainer in Lebanon, including experience developing training curriculum;
- Experience facilitating virtual digital security trainings;
- Experience with threat modeling, and selecting/installing digital security-related software and equipment for individuals or organizations;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong understanding of secure communication tools;
- Professional-level fluency in Arabic and English;
- Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at supporting and elevating voices of people across the globe.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- 3+ years’ experience as a digital security trainer, including experience developing training curriculum;
- Non-profit experience and/or familiarity with US government rules and regulations;
- Experience with facilitating large-scale, regional events, and experience with events that bring together diverse skill sets, diverse cultures/ethnicity etc.;
- Experience using project management tools (e.g. – Trello, Airtable, etc.).