Organisation: National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
Location: Washington D.C.
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) seeks a motivated and organized Digital Policy Research Officer to join their Center for International Media Assistance (CIMA) team. This role plays a key role in shaping the digital environment for independent journalism and democratic information. The digital policy specialist will help advance CIMA’s mission on digital governance and news media policy issues, manage publications in conjunction with CIMA’s deputy director and senior director, foster institutional relationships with other media development and digital governance stakeholders, contribute to strategic learning at the NED, and help coordinate and guide junior staff and interns.
- Manage research on internet governance, digital media policy, and media development.
- Develop and edit reports and blogs on digital rights and independent media.
- Organize events and workshops related to digital policy.
- Contribute to strategic learning within the NED on digital media and rights.
- Represent CIMA and present research findings at international gatherings.
- Develop and foster partnerships and communities of learning with research institutes and organizations working on internet governance and digital media policy issues.
- Other tasks as assigned by the deputy director and senior director.
- The level of responsibility and independence in assigned tasks will increase with experience.
- Master’s degree preferred, bachelor’s required.
- 4+ years of experience in international development and digital governance.
- Knowledge of international media development and democracy promotion.
- Experience in internet governance, digital rights, and policy research.
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Strong teamwork and communication abilities.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
How to apply
To learn more about this position and apply, please click here.