Project Syndicate is seeking the Digital Data Analyst to grow their subscriber base by tracking and analyzing user data, and then using that data to create effective strategies to increase revenue by identifying opportunities to boost traffic, convert readers, and retain and up-sell those already subscribed. This will mean leading certain strategic initiatives such as optimizing the site checkout experience, further refining our paywall, and creating new product offerings from a data-driven perspective. The successful candidate will also develop and implement methods to track and distill insights from multiple data streams (site behavior, revenue data, social media, newsletters, website, and more) to inform other decisions made by the marketing team.
The successful candidate will have experience in measuring digital performance, a good understanding of current trends in online user behavior or e-commerce, and ideally knowledge of news media content monetization. This role affords the opportunity to help shape digital strategy and grow our subscription business. A results-oriented and data-driven mindset, flexibility, the ability to work autonomously, and the drive and willingness to chart a new direction amid shifting responsibilities and priorities is paramount.
- Strategize and lead initiatives to increase digital revenue (user paywall, funnel and checkout optimization, etc.)
- Collect and analyze revenue and marketing data from a variety of sources (site behavior, subscription data, on-site messaging, email marketing, newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Develop actionable insights in collaboration with colleagues from the marketing team to adjust strategies accordingly and infuse decisions with data
- Formulate and implement onsite messaging and email marketing A/B tests
- Maintain and improve our data tracking infrastructure
- Manage relationships with external data-tracking vendors
Key Skills/Experience (required):
- 3+ years of experience in a digital data-focused role (e-commerce, performance marketing, paid social, etc.)
- Demonstrated track record of using data to inform decisions within a marketing or commerce role
- Knowledge of and experience working with a number of digital marketing and data management technologies (such as Mather, Deep.Bi, MailChimp, Tableau, TrustPulse, and Google Merchant Center)
- Desire to function as a strategic marketer and also orchestrate tactical components of marketing campaigns and revenue-oriented initiatives
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with a high level of detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Native-level English
- Passion for the news and current events
Key Skills/Experience (preferred):
- 1+ years in a strategic role developing and implementing revenue-generating strategies
- Experience in the news media business
To apply, interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must be in English. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
For more information, please click here.
Organisation: Project Syndicate