Organisation: Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN)
Location: Sarajevo, Belgrade, Pristina, Tirana, Skopje or remote
Balkan Investigative Reporting Regional Network – BIRN Hub, is opening a call for the position of Development and Monitoring Officer.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying new fund development opportunities and applying for grants with governments and other national and international grant-making bodies.
- Contribute to the development of BIRN’s fundraising strategy.
- Develop tailored, focused and deliverable proposals for core and project funding.
- Research new opportunities and support developing and maintaining relationships to secure funding.
- Oversee the M&E framework and associated processes to assess the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of BIRN’s capacity building and programmatic output.
- Assist in the internal monitoring and regular and systematic internal data collection to monitor progress and produce internal reports.
- Develop a system to produce progress reports for various stakeholders and donor partners.
- Keep an updated and detailed database of contacts.
- Providing reports, stats and other updates to the Director and Board.
- Experience in the fundraising sector in writing winning, technical and high-quality grant proposals, working with key institutional and government donors and identifying partnerships and funding leads.
- Work or voluntary experience in any NGO or charity.
- Demonstrated ability to convey messages and build strong relationships with members and stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, suited to preparing professional funding proposals of the highest standard and an excellent command of English.
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders, supporters and partners.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills. Well-organized, efficient and able to work independently.
Please submit a detailed CV and a cover letter with two references, responding to the points raised in the job specifications, with a clear indication which of the three positions you are applying for, not later than June 19, 2022, to our regional operations unit, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selected candidate should start work as soon as possible.
For more information, please click here.