Organisation: Deutsche Welle Akademie
Location: MENA region and Africa
– Work experience: All applicants should have experience producing visual content and must be able to handle their equipment and work relatively independently. (For the visual project you may collaborate with others or hire assistance but please calculate for this within the budget.) There is no need for previous experience in constructive journalism.
– Equipment: All participants need to have access to the technical equipment they need for the constructive visual project (e.g., cameras, microphones, editing software) and a computer to participate in the online workshop.
- Funding amount: up to €3,500
- Category: Fellowship
- Target countries: MENA region and Africa
- Application languages: English
DW Akademie wants to foster constructive visual journalism during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Constructive journalism is a modern and innovative way of reporting which focusses not only on addressing problems, but rather on presenting solutions and portraying people who explore ways forward
In the Constructive Journalism Lab, DW Akademie offers a fellowship for TV, multimedia and video journalists, photographers and documentary filmmakers. In this four-month fellowship, we will train and support 15 talented media practitioners who want to learn more about constructive storytelling and connect with like-minded professionals.
See here to learn more and apply.