Internews is hiring a Content Specialist for its Signpost digital platform.
The Content Specialist leads the creation of accurate, relevant and engaging content that responds to community questions and concerns. This is a hands-on content creation role, perfect for a multidisciplinary candidate who is confident working in a range of formats (audio and image creation, animation etc.). The Content Specialist is responsible for creating and leading the implementation of a user-focused content and editorial strategy that is informed by protection principles and current digital content and social media best practice.
- Produce and publish original, high-quality multimedia content, such as articles, videos, podcasts, animations and infographics tailored to the community questions and information needs.
- Ensure all content is in line with project goals, editorial and stylistic guidelines and is actionable, comprehensive, accurate, easy to understand and engaging.
- Collect feedback and continually monitor content to ensure it is clear, understandable and making an impact.
- Review, edit and translate (where necessary) content created by other organizations delivering humanitarian services.
- Establish and maintain clear editorial guidelines, processes and standards including an editorial workflow that allows seamless coordination with team members.
- Manage search engine optimizations (SEO) tools, techniques, and increase discoverability of the published content.
- Support the community engagement teams through developing an effective digital engagement campaign strategy to build, engage, and retain an audience on social media and website.
- Participate in all team meetings, workshops, strategy sessions, regular communications, etc., as established by the team leadership.
- Understanding of and demonstrating commitment to uphold Internews’ Core Values.
- Minimum 5 years experience in digital content creation creating multimedia content such as blogs, graphic design, infographics, animation, videos, podcasts etc.
- Expert-level knowledge of English and Arabic grammar and usage, including colloquial Sudanese Arabic.
- Knowledge of online content best practices, Search Engine Optimization and social media strategy.
- Proficiency in a range of design software such as In Design, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and online design tools such as Canva etc.
- Effective stakeholder management skills, navigating opposing views and content feedback to deliver positive outcomes.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but who are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications or a field in the humanities or social work is desired but not required.
- Experience in a newsroom, communications team or managing the online presence of a business or organization desired.
- Experience in a humanitarian organization a plus.
- Knowledge of the current Sudanese context is an asset.
- Experience working with refugees, migrants or displaced people in a voluntary or professional capacity.
How to apply
To learn more about this position and apply, please click here.