Organisation: BBC Media Action
Location: Delhi, India
BBC Media Action is seeking a passionate storyteller who understands how social media and
content uniquely drive information and action in today’s digital environment. The right candidate will be excited about supporting different projects using their social media skills, creating and producing social media and other digital content across platforms.
The Content Producer, working with the Executive Creative Director, will be responsible for the output of the highest creative and editorial standards for BBC Media Action’s social media channels on a weekly basis. The Content Producer will also need to keep abreast of daily/ weekly trends and new technologies, regularly experiment with new formats and remain at the forefront of social media content creation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, create, edit, and publish engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, graphics and most importantly, videos) that are bespoke for different platforms
- Do desk research on the theme at hand to identify topical and relevant insights and story ideas
- Regularly develop and pitch creative story ideas
- Source locations, contributors and production talent
- Manage and coordinate with external partners such as influencers, diverse creative talents, digital media agencies etc
- Keep abreast of new trends (on daily and weekly basis) on social media and other online products and regularly share new ideas with other members of the creative and production team
- Work across multiple projects at the same time and manage competing deadlines.
- Manage the compliance of all digital output, ensuring that all products are in line with BBC Editorial Guidelines, contractual and copyright requirements, social inclusion strategies and other relevant policies.
- Ensure production safety, including preparing risk assessments and ensuring safety measures are upheld by all production crew.
- Work closely with other members of the production team and alongside administration,
finance and procurement staff to ensure all purchasing, hiring and contracting is completed.
in line with BBC Media Action policies and procedures
- Understand and comply with the Safeguarding policy and the staff Code of
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on Safeguarding and Respect at
- Report any Safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country
Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy
- May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to their job
Skills, knowledge, and experience requirement:
- At least 3 years hands-on experience creating content for social media and
digital platforms. Skill and experience in creating and producing videos is critical
- Demonstrable experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate action
- Experience creating and drafting content across all platforms, including video, copy, gifs, and graphics and basic knowledge of design
- Solid understanding of audio-visual production, post-production techniques and strong storytelling skills
- Creative flair, with an ability to structure a narrative
- A strong desire to experiment with new technologies and develop excellent digital production skills, with minimal supervision
- Experience of working effectively on your own and within a team
- A good understanding of how to manage the production process in line with organizational policies and processes and ensure content is delivered on time and to budget.
- Skilled with Adobe Premier Pro
- Highly organized, with the proven ability to prioritize, manage workload and deadlines and maintain attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SEO and experience with social media tools such as Pulsar, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google Trends, Facebook Insights, and other social listening tools
- Experience managing and coordinating with external stakeholders and vendors.
- Familiarity with the process of designing a WordPress website.
Our ideal candidate should be:
- Imaginative, creative and insightful
- Problem solver – resourceful enough to manage constraints and come up
with top-rate solutions
- Passionate about the power of communication – storytelling, innovative ideas, the positive use of the digital medium to bring about social and behaviour change
- A thoughtful, collaborative person with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
- Ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines with great attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects with ease, and work in a fast-paced digital environment
- Flexibility and high levels of self-motivation, responsibility, and the ability
to work well with multiple and sometimes shifting priorities
Duration : 1 Year fixed term (with potential for renewal)
Reports To : Executive Creative Director
Special requirements: The right to live and work in India. Relocation support will
be offered within India
Closing date: 23 April 2023
To apply, send your CV and a short covering letter (in English, PDF or Microsoft Word format), setting out how you meet the specifications – knowledge, skills, training and experience requirements listed in the job description for this role, to: [firstname.lastname@example.org] – please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line and send before or by [23 April 2023].