Organisation: BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action is looking for a consultant to develop a digital dashboard to support audience research and social media analytics of our media partner. BBC Media Action is conducting a new project in Lithuania supporting digital media through tailored capacity building and mentoring to support their organisational and technical capacity to produce impartial, independent news for online audiences.
Description of tasks
- Dashboard creation. The dashboard should be built using open data on the number of subscribers, views, and engagement from YouTube and TikTok. Data will be fetched through an API using the free and open-source R programming language and visualized in the open-source Google product, Looker Studio. Using the final version of the dashboard should not require any analytical skills.
- Updating the dashboard on a monthly bases
- Analysing and preparing a report on the changes in performance, highlighting what works well and what doesn’t
- Deliver up to 3 training sessions to staff of BBC Media Action’s media partner to enable them to use and update the dashboard independently
The consultancy is expected to start in early February and the training session must be concluded no later than mid-June 2024.
Selection and award process
Proposals are welcome from those with relevant expertise and experience. Experts must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in developing analytics dashboards for web use.
- Experience in digital analytics, from among the following: social media statistics, Google Analytics, Power BI, Looker Studio, Tableau, SocialFlow, CrowdTangle, Brand Watch.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software, such as SPSS or R, for data manipulation, cleaning, and analysis.
- Experience working in a media organization or closely with a media organization.
- Track record of delivering work on time and to a high standard.
- Ability to conduct work remotely.
- Working proficiency in English and Russian.
How to apply
Interested, qualified candidates should submit their CV and a one-page cover letter (in English, PDF or Microsoft Word format) providing a technical proposal and a cost per day. Where the proposal is sent from a team of consultants, please provide information on all members of the team, division of labour and approach.
Please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line. Only applicants with a separate cover letter will be considered. Please do not send certificates or other attachments. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested experts should send their response to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 pm GMT on 30 January 2024.
For more information, please visit this page.