Organisation: United Nations
The UN’s Internet Governance Forum (IGF) seeks a Consultant to support its Policy Network on Artificial Intelligence (PNAI). Under the supervision of the IGF Programme and Technology Manager of the IGF Secretariat, the consultant will be responsible for facilitating and documenting the work related to convening one of the IGF intersessional workstreams, called the Policy Network on Artificial Intelligence (PNAI).
- Work closely with the MAG-appointed facilitators for the multi-stakeholder working group for the Policy Network on Artificial Intelligence (PNAI) to develop the implementation strategy and workplan
- Monitor and manage the discussion mailing lists and carry out meetings using Zoom or other methods setup for the assigned PNAI and document the process by compiling meeting summaries, feeding into the output documents and the related substantive sessions at the 19th IGF.
- Gather information on the subject of the PNAI, in consultation with the MAG-appointed facilitators, the PNAI multi-stakeholder working group and the IGF Secretariat, in line with the discussed methodologies.
- Prepare the substantive output report for the PNAI (minimum 20 pages, maximum of 40 pages, (annexes not included) in 12 points single space, using preferably the font, “Times New Roman”), based on the inputs and the work produced by the PNAI community participants, other identified stakeholder groups, complemented with independent research.
- Act as rapporteur and summarize all inputs provided to the PNAI work over the course of the contract, update and adjust the draft outcome document, and compile the final draft that will be presented at the annual meeting, as per the requirements referenced above.
- Invite and engage the wider community, including members of the IGF Multi-stakeholder Advisory Group (MAG), members of the PNAI multi-stakeholder working group and their affiliated networks, networks of National, Regional and Youth IGFs (NRIs) as well as the network of Dynamic Coalitions (DCs), to comment on the draft output reports and incorporate comments into a revised paper.
- Support the PNAI facilitators in coordinating the organization of the PNAI sessions at the 19th annual IGF meeting and for each session, summarize discussions, taking into account the proceedings, and adjust the outputs if necessary.
- Over the course of the contract, contribute to the IGF Secretariat’s capacity development activities, by contributing inputs from the PNAI into the capacity development workshops and other materials and initiatives.
- Master’s degree in information communication technologies, social sciences, development studies, management or other relevant disciplines or equivalent fields. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience including analytical work related to ICTs, Internet governance, digital public policy-making, development management, participatory governance, capacity building, etc. is required.
- Considerable related experience drafting high-level reports, meeting summaries, and synthesizing complex information and inputs i required.
- Evidence of high-level level knowledge, particularly in the discourse of AI, new and emerging tech, human rights online, cybersecurity, digital inclusion, gender policy, participatory policy development or other related area is required.
18 Mar – 31 Dec 2024
How to apply
To learn more about this position and apply, please click here.