Location: Remote work
Time commitment: Full-time
Deadline: 15 January 2022
Duties: In the position of Communications Manager, you will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing GFMD’s communications strategy.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing all aspects of GFMD’s communication and outreach work.
- Managing front-end content of the GFMD website, including various opportunities, updating the member profiles, adding events, and news.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading documents and website content as needed, including grant applications and similar proposals.
- Working with the GFMD team to plan and send GFMD’s three monthly newsletters.
- Using GFMD social media profiles to engage with our members and partners.
- Producing regular communication materials targeting members, partners, and donors.
- Participate in all areas of GFMD’s activities and form constructive, collaborative working relationship with GFMD staff, members, and partners.
- Occasionally moderate online meetings, such as webinars, take meeting minutes, and create meeting reports.
- Overseeing the work of a communications intern.
What we’re looking for:
- 1-2 years of experience in a communications-related or similar role.
- Passion for independent, pluralistic, and sustainable journalism and news media.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, verbal, and written communication skills.
- The ability to handle and prioritise many projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
What would give you an advantage:
- A background in journalism, media policy, and/or media.
- Experience of working with design software, ability to create visual assets (graphics, video, audio).
- Experience with regional and/or international non-profit organisations.
- Fluency in another language, particularly Arabic, French, Russian or Spanish.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Small, fun, and supportive team
- Family-friendly, international work environment
- Independence, autonomy, and flexibility
- Impactful work
How to apply
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage diversity among applicants, and do not discriminate against any potential applicant based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender.
Organisation: Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD)