Duties: In the position of Communications Intern, a candidate will receive work experience and advice in dealing with outreach aspects of GFMD’s work, and assists with duties that may include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the GFMD website and keeping it updated regularly;
- Maintaining and monitoring GFMD’s social media presence (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), with regular posts and engagement;
- Assisting in compiling two newsletters on the organisation’s work and areas of activity;
- Keeping contact with partners online and fostering a sense of community.
- Organising and promoting events, in real space and online;
- Student or recent graduate interested in media development, journalism support, media markets, and/or marketing.
- Passion for independent, pluralistic, and sustainable journalism
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Compensation: EUR 200 (monthly)
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and CV in English to:
Olga Komarova, Communications Manager
Organisation: Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD)