Organisation: Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD)
The Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD) is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to join our team as a Communications Intern. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual passionate about media development and journalism support.
- Assist in organizing events and meetings hosted by GFMD.
- Support all facets of GFMD’s communication and outreach efforts, including but not limited to website maintenance, regular updates, compilation of newsletters, and active engagement across social media platforms (LinkedIn, X, Facebook, and YouTube).
- Write, edit, and proofread documents and website content as required.
- Collaborate in producing communication materials aimed at members, partners, and donors.
- Perform related tasks as needed, including administrative duties such as updating our Insightly CRM database.
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of a degree program in Communications, Media Studies, Journalism, or a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and content management systems.
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of design tools such as Canva or other similar software is an advantage.
Duration and Remuneration
This is a part-time internship position requiring 20 hours per week. The internship starts with a monthly compensation of 200 euros.
How to Apply
To apply please send an email to email@example.com explaining why you are interested in the internship in no more than 400 words and attach your CV and an example of writing by January 5, 2024.