IMS is hiring two new colleagues in their Communication Unit. The positions offer the opportunity to use the entire communication toolbox and work with colleagues around the globe as well as in Denmark.
As Communication Adviser, the person will be responsible for supporting a specific region, building knowledge and relationships with IMS colleagues. A Communication Adviser will act both as a go-to in times of crisis (e.g., Myanmar, Tunisia or Belarus) and support long-term planning. The task is to plan for, produce and edit content according to the audiences while working closely in the team to enhance an integrated communication approach across channels.
Next year will be a year of development in which IMS engages further in a range of partnerships, e.g., New Democracy Fund, PRIMED and the Danish “Børnenes U-landskalender”. Globally, IMS has developed new strategies promoting gender equality and documentaries, combatting disinformation and furthering innovation in media business development. A Communication Adviser will support these partnerships and themes by creating compelling content, developing campaigns and supporting events. The person will also report to the Head of Communication, work closely with the rest of the Communication Unit, and liaise frequently with IMS’ regional departments and other cross-cutting units.
Qualifications and skills
- Relevant educational background such as Journalism or Communication.
- Minimum 4 years experience with similar positions.
- Language skills: Fluent English, oral and written. For one of the positions, fluency in Danish is a requirement. Other languages, such as French or Arabic are an advantage.
- Insight into media development or global human rights issues is an asset.
- Solid experience with strategic communication planning.
- Wide-ranging experience with content development, covering social media posts, articles, infographics or pictures; video skills will be an advantage.
- Able to run different projects from campaigns to digital development to events.
- Experience with a media contact, PR and writing op-eds.
- Experience with advising or training others in effective communication.
- Knowledge or prior work experience in MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa), Asia or Eastern Europe will be an advantage.
The person is expected to be organised and able to follow through, but also enjoy being part of a team and adding a positive vibe, even when there are many tasks.
- Advise programme staff on communication and press issues and ensure high quality in communication material and publications.
- Plan for, produce and coordinate global content or campaigns cross-channel on key IMS issues (e.g., freedom of expression or disinformation).
- Coordinate and produce engaging and relevant content to strengthen IMS’ results (programmatic, engagement and fundraising), while upholding the position and trustworthiness of the organisation.
- Support the development of IMS’ public engagement, including visibility in the media (globally as well as in Scandinavia).
- Lead the development of specific partnerships (e.g., New Democracy Fund) and/or specific communication channels (e.g., Instagram).
Duration and location
- Expected length of employment: One of the positions is open-ended.
- The other is a 12-month contract with the possibility of extension.
- Place of employment: Copenhagen
- Employment type: Full-time
- Some travel days can be expected
How to apply
- Applicants are invited to enclose a detailed CV (résumé) with a cover letter outlining your motivation and how your skills and experience meet the needs of the two positions by 15 November 2021, midnight CET. Feel free to include examples of previous content production.
- Please direct questions about the position to Head of Communication Line Grove Hermansen firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview 18 or 19 November. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The successful candidates are expected to start work as soon as possible, with a suggested date of 1 January 2022.
To apply please click here
Organisation: International Media Support (IMS)