Internews is looking for a candidate for the position of Program Officer. Under the supervision of the Media and Communications Feedback Lead, Colombia, the Program Officer will provide support in activity planning and implementation and project management tasks under a USAID funded Project. The Program Officer will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of programmatic activities and deliverables and will also be responsible for supervising sub-contracts and contracts within the program. The Program Officer will support monitoring and evaluation efforts, programmatic reporting, where applicable, and consultant coordination.
- Ensure timely implementation and compliance of programmatic activities;
- Provide support and train project partners in the development of workplans, sub-contract/sub-grant management and financial management; ensure partner compliance;
- Provide administrative oversight of partners and consultants;
- Support research and research teams withing programmatic activities;
- Carry out research as assigned in support of ongoing projects and initiatives including but not limited to grant supervision and local partners;
- Liaise with program partners and stakeholders, including other implementers and beneficiaries.
- Provide support on monitoring and evaluation;
- When designated, represent Internews at conferences and events;
- Draft periodical project/program updates for internal distribution;
- Ensure adequate information management of project/program documents and related products; ensure proper knowledge-transfer mechanisms are in place; and other duties as assigned;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Minimum 3 years programmatic experience in relevant non-profit or communications for development fields;
- Degree or advanced degree in related field;
- Keen understanding of and interest in the Migration in Latin America and Colombia;
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent research skills and relevant experience; proficiency in MS Office;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish;
- Highly organized and structured;
- Excellent communication skills – speaking, writing and listening.
Internews will have field offices Colombia. Ultimately, this role will be based in Bogota, Colombia. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon. This is a limited duration position- the position has an expected end date of 30 September 2022, with opportunity to extend. To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Bogota, Colombia