Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of Program Assistant in Bogota, Columbia. The Program Assistant (PA) will support the Colombia team by providing administrative, financial and programmatic support for a USAID project in Colombia. The PA will be responsible for administrative and financial aspects of the project in Colombia, including reconciling credit cards, supporting and tracking subgrant agreements, consultants, contracts, and payments. The PA will also assist with programmatic tasks, particularly related to compiling reports, coordinating travel and events, and supporting research for new business opportunities. As needed, the PA will serve as a liaison between Colombia and headquarters’ Accounting and Administration teams. The PA reports to the Media and Communications Feedback Lead and collaborates with the South America Team.
Scope of work:
Financial / Administrative
- Ensure documentation complies with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures;
- Prepare invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and payment requests, and complete monthly credit card financial reconciliations;
- Track grant-related administration such as travel plans, personal service contracts, and service contracts;
- Support budget holders to draft their activity budgets, budget monitoring, and progress reports with direction from the manager;
- Facilitate partner disbursements with support from program staff and finance;
- Support Program Staff with key administrative tasks as requested such as events and meetings, including coordinating agendas and travel logistics;
- Attend meetings upon request.
- Relevant university degree required;
- English language proficiency;
- Financial / Administrative experience in relevant non-profit desirable;
- Experience in post-conflict settings and knowledge of post-conflict programs highly desirable;
- Experience with the Program Unit Region, notably Colombia;
- Previous work experience with USAID programs and projects desirable;
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening;
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively;
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments;
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with relevant Finance and Administrative platforms or software;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Candidates for this role must be based in Bogota, Colombia and must have work authorization in Colombia that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additional information can be found here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Bogota, Colombia