– Someone affiliated with a media organisation or a freelancer
– Someone passionate about telling stories of efforts to respond to various social problems especially around health
– Someone who can tell compelling stories using multiple formats (In addition to writers, they want photojournalists, documentary photographers, podcasters, documentary video makers, graphic animators)
– Someone who is already familiar with the solutions journalism framework or interested to learn about it
– Someone willing and available to commit to the fellowship schedule (training, mentoring and periodic check-ins)
- Category: Fellowship
- Target countries: Nigeria
- Application language: English
Nigeria Health Watch is pleased to announce a call for 1st Cohort of Solutions Journalism Fellowship to empower others experiencing similar problems with information on how they are being addressed. Solutions Journalism adopts a solutions-oriented approach to storytelling; telling rigorous, investigative, and compelling stories of responses to existing social problems. The insights from these stories can help scale up the responses or replicate them in other places.
As part of the Solutions Journalism Africa Initiative project supported by the Solutions Journalism Network, they work with Newsrooms and individuals to spread the practice of solutions journalism in Nigeria. They train them to understand why solutions journalism matters and support them to produce these stories.
See here to learn more and apply.
Organisation: Nigeria Health Watch