CNN Business Arabic is recruiting a head of social media to lead a team of producers and publishers to deliver top quality multimedia reports that would enhance digital traffic by diversifying and enriching the content posted on its website, app and on social media platforms, keeping CNNBA’s broad Arabic-speaking audience, including business and public affairs decision makers, on top of the information game. S/he will be based in Dubai, reporting to the managing editor.
- Oversee the production of audio and video reports that will be packaged alongside text reports to produce multimedia content.
- Oversee the production of standalone audio and video reports and programs.
- Manage visual and audio content gathered by text journalists and reporters.
- Suggest original multimedia story ideas.
- Be responsible for the good maintenance of the audio and video equipment.
- Help maximize digital readership by suggesting innovative and pleasant ways to redirect social media traffic to the website.
- Work closely with journalists, reporters, correspondents, editors and infographic designers to actively engage in story telling on the different social media communities and networks.
- Teach, lead and guide social media storytelling across the newsroom with the assistance of the social media producers and publishers.
- Create guidelines for different types of social media storytelling to ensure effectiveness on all networks and communities –Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Behance.
- Identify social media trends or chatter that can be used as story ideas and alert the newsroom to important news and updates posted by newsmakers.
- Stay informed of all social media advancements for possible usage or implementation.
- Uphold and respect the editorial guidelines of CNNBAr, avoid circumstances in which the brand could be brought into disrepute and respect the custodianship of IMI and its constituents.
Qualifications & Experience:
- An excellent command of Arabic and English.
- Expertise in Photoshop, Sound Cloud and Brightcove.
- Expertise in engaging on all social media networks.
- Expertise in working with publishing tools.
- Keen interest in technological developments.
- Understanding regional economics is a definite plus.
- At least 5 years of experience as multimedia editor or producer in respected media or communication organizations.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: CNN Business Arabic
Location: Dubai, UAE