Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of HR, Administration and Logistics Manager. Reporting to the CAR Country Director, the HR, Administration and Logistics Manager will be responsible for managing the CAR office and team. This position will supervise staff in the CAR office and will manage a wide variety of HR, administrative and logistical tasks in support of the CAR office.
Management of the CAR office:
- Supervise in-country office team in liaison with the Country Director;
- Oversee the smooth running of the office, ensuring a safe working environment for staff;
- Design and implement specific work organization measures (remote work, team rotation, drivers’ schedule);
- Supervise the security issues in liaison with the Security Officer and the Country Director, ensuring timely dissemination of the security guidelines;
- Ensure direct supervision of all staff in CAR when the Country Director is working remotely or on assignment outside of Bangui;
- Ensure the management of the Internews office in CAR when the Country Director is on vacation leave, including signing on behalf of the organization and external representation to local and foreign stakeholders in CAR.
- Maintain and regularly update personnel files (information, staff leave plans) in coordination with the Regional Office and the HQ;
- Organize the recruitment process of new staff, the preparation of necessary documentation and the entire process for the announcement of vacancies, and for the selection of new staff members;
- Supports the onboarding of new staff members through the distribution, collection, and filing of onboarding documentation;
- Receive and distribute legal and official employees documents;
- Update database and provide information for monthly payroll, in liaison with the accountant;
- Coordinate medical and social security reimbursements;
- Reviews personal services contracts and modifications requests for approval, in liaison with the Regional Office;
- Coordinate the evaluation staff process;
- Coordinate the internal training process;
- Coordinate reference check requests.
- Ensure effective dissemination of the administrative information in the office in liaison with the Regional Office and the HQ;
- Implement and maintain an effective and efficient file management system in liaison with the Regional Office;
- Ensure proper custody of organizational documents;
- Provide timely administrative support and coordination of activities carried out by the various departments and share information necessary to ensure the smooth functioning of the organization;
- Ensure the legal operations by renewing the registration of the organization and its assets with the various CAR public institutions including the payment of taxes and regulatory deductions with governmental and private authorities (staff pensions / insurance);
- Ensure the relationship of Internews with the administrative and state entities of CAR (ACFPE, Social Security, Labor Inspection etc).
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors;
- Ensure the follow-up of inventories;
- Coordinate logistical support for operations, including requisitioning, receiving, storing and delivering goods;
- Provide oversight of Internews purchasing systems as approved by the Country Director;
- Plan, coordinate and manage local and international travel in accordance with organizational policy, in liaison with the Regional Office and the Security Department;
- Provide management of equipment, including insurance agreement;
- Organize, manage and coordinate travel in CAR that includes travel tickets, visas and hotel accommodations;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Master’s degree in administration, HR management or Project management;
- Prior experience in office administration, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Prior managerial experience;
- Proven ability handling confidential and/or sensitive information;
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Windows environment using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer;
- Organized, logical, detail-oriented;
- Ability to take direction and decisions, to work independently and to complete tasks on time;
- Experience working in a collaborative international team environment;
- Proficiency in French, English and Sango.
Note: This position is posted in a High or Extreme Physical Risk location. Conditions in the field may include but are not limited to, the following: compound living quarters, limited mobility outside of designated areas, limited in-country medical care or pharmacy, limited access to fresh fruit and vegetables, limited access to high-speed internet, dress code requirements, unaccompanied posting, and required advanced safety and security training. If selected for an interview for this position, ensure you discuss the specifics of living and working in this unique operating environment and consider them at length during the recruitment process.
Internews has field offices in Bangui, Central African Republic. Ultimately, this role will be based in Bangui, CAR. To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Bangui, Central African Republic