The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a federally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world. Read more about the NED.
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) seeks a Program Assistant for the Center for International Media Assistance (CIMA). This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Center for International Media Assistance (CIMA) is dedicated to improving U.S. efforts to promote independent media in developing countries around the world. CIMA strives to build a foundation of knowledge for media development donors, implementers, and civil society actors on best practices and solutions for improving media systems.
CIMA seeks a full-time paid program assistant. Successful candidates will have an understanding of democracy, media, and international politics. The program assistant position provides candidates with an excellent opportunity to improve their knowledge of media development, democratic development, and international affairs, advance their research and writing skills, and introduce them to the media development and democracy assistance communities.
- Assist with the drafting, editing, and proofreading of CIMA electronic and print publications, including material for the CIMA website, reports, electronic newsletters, and multi-media content for social media;
- Assist in the organization and implementation of a busy calendar of public events and roundtables;
- Document events by taking notes and producing meeting summaries;
- Assist with travel logistics and reconciling expenses;
- Assist CIMA’s senior director and research manager with special research projects, as needed;
- Manage and analyze data using excel spreadsheets;
- Help populate and maintain a contact management system;
- Assist with administrative and other related tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, journalism, media studies, international affairs, international development, or a related field required; M.A. preferred.
- Copy-editing experience;
- Experience assisting with event logistics;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Mail Chimp;
- Basic HTML, Microsoft CRM/Microsoft Dynamics 365, and Adobe Spark preferred;
- Experience using a contact management system.
- Other Qualifications:
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages preferred;
- Experience living, working, or studying abroad a plus;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Strong editing and writing skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Full details about the position are available here.