- Eligibility criteria:
– The Call for Applications is open to writers under 40 (born after 1982 – from 1 January 1983 onwards) from the CEI Member States.
– Applicants must have at least one work published in a book form. The submitted work for the translation must be a literary work (all genres and themes).
– The application must be supported by the national publisher of the work with which the author is applying.
- Type of funding: Award and Prize
- Target countries: CEI Member States: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
- Application language: English
The Central European Initiative (CEI) and the Slovene Writers’ Association (SWA), within the Vilenica International Literary Festival, has launched the Call for Applications 2022 of the CEI Award for Young Writers. The Award aims at promoting the young generation of writers and supporting the circulation of their literary works through the translation in the languages of the CEI countries. The Award envisages the translation into Slovene and the translation into another CEI language of the candidate’s choice.
The CEI Award for Young Writers includes cash and in-kind prizes:
Cash prize (5,000 EUR) to cover the full translation of the submitted work and of an excerpt into the language of one of the CEI Member States to be selected by the author and the publishing house, considering the specifics of the work. The translation shall be coordinated by the applicant in cooperation with the national publishing house supporting his/her candidature. The prize also covers the cost of copyright.
Translation of the submitted work into Slovene language and publication by the SWA within the Vilenica CEI Collection in 2023.
Participation of the winner in the Vilenica International Literary Festival 2022, organised by the SWA.
Cooperation and support of the CEI and the SWA to identify a publishing house for a possible publication of the translated work.
- Awards & prizes
Organisation: Central European Initiative