Please certify that you meet the eligibility criteria by checking the boxes:
- I am working full-time as a professional journalist
- Print journalist
- Journalism is my primary professional
- I have 3+ years of post-graduate journalism experience
- I am from and/or live in South Africa or Uganda
- Funding amount: Not available
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: South Africa, Uganda
- Application languages: English
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) has announced a call for proposals for the Gender Justice Reporting Initiative to enhance coverage of gender issues in South Africa and Uganda.
The fellows will complete a six-month, virtual training course, which includes physical and digital security workshops, and will have the opportunity to receive reporting grants and mentoring from experienced editors.
In 2021, the IWMF will select 30+ journalists in South Africa and Uganda to participate in this program.
Through training, funding, and personalized support, the IWMF will increase the volume and quality of reporting on women and other traditionally marginalized voices. The journalists’ accurate, nuanced, and inclusive reporting will respond to critical information gaps and challenge well-established, misogynistic narratives in the news media.
Find out more and apply here.