- AAAS accepts entries from journalists worldwide in all categories.
- Entries must have been originally published, broadcast or posted online during the contest year.
- All entries must be submitted online on or before midnight, U.S. Pacific time.
- Funding amount: Not available
- Type of funding: Awards and Prizes
- Target countries: Global
- Application languages: English
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is seeking nominations for the AAAS Kavli Science Journalism Awards.
- Science Reporting – Large Outlet: Text pieces in print or online from large newspapers with a circulation of more than 150,000 (largest single day, including digital subscriptions) and digital-only publications with a regional or national audience. Online-only news outlets with 50 or more staff employees are included in this category.
- Science Reporting – In-Depth: An entry of more than 5,000 words for a newspaper, magazine or online site. Entry can be a single story; submission of two or three related or unrelated pieces as a single entry of more than 5,000 words; or a themed series of 5,000 words or more (submit no more than three parts for judging).
- Magazine: Stories in print magazines, on magazine websites or in digital-only magazines. 5,000 words or less. An entry can include up to three related or unrelated pieces, totaling no more than 5,000 words. Includes Sunday magazine sections of newspapers.
Video In-Depth Reporting: Segments or programs longer than 20 minutes. Includes stand-alone online videos.
- Video Spot News/Feature Reporting: Segments or programs totaling 20 minutes or less. Includes stand-alone online videos.
Find out more and apply