Organisation: Ufahamu Africa
The Ufahamu Africa is inviting researchers, journalists, practitioners, and podcasters interested in contributing to content creation and dissemination of cutting-edge analysis and important narratives about life and politics on the continent to apply for a nine month non-resident fellowship.
Selected fellows will have the opportunity to guest host podcast episodes, identify future guests and themes, create partnerships with other content producers and disseminators, and build their research and partnership networks.
The application deadline is 5 p.m. (EDT) on August 30, 2023.
About the Fellowship
- Term: October 2023 through May 2024
- Stipend: $3,500 USD
Ufahamu Africa non-resident fellows are engaged remotely for nine months to produce the equivalent of four episodes. Fellows will also be asked to join the editorial team to shape season 8 content, dissemination ideas, mashup partnerships, and other podcast production decisions.
Fellows will receive a stipend to support their internet data costs and their time spent on the fellowship of $3,500 USD.
Ufahamu Africa non-resident fellows will be considered members of the production team and will be invited to attend relevant conferences (African Studies Association, Working Group on African Political Economy, Africa Podfest, others) as possible with current travel restrictions. Through these networks, fellows will have access to annual research grant competitions, online and in-person convenings, training workshops, and more.
- Have experience with research and/or media dissemination to the general publics
- Demonstrate commitment to open-access knowledge dissemination
- Demonstrate a commitment to and experience with engaging the general public, policymakers, and researchers on topics related to life and politics on the continent
- Demonstrate a commitment to building the capacity of African research institutions/universities/media centers and journalists
- Submit a clear proposal
- Be computer literate, fluent in English, and a strong public speaker
African nationals, scholars, journalists, or content creators based in Africa, and female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Team proposals are welcome. Familiarity with the Ufahamu Africa podcast or podcasting, in general, is preferred. A total of three to four fellows (or teams) will be accepted in this RFA, for a fellowship starting October 2023.